Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mission: Bike More



One thing I loved about Nantucket (out of the tons!) is that I biked everywhere. I brought my navy TREK to Young's bike store and got all sorted out with a basket and a light... so I could bike more easily home from working at the Boarding House and the Pearl.

I am not going to go on and list all of the environmental reasons for biking, or how good it feels not to rely on getting places by car... but I will say - (especially now in St. Maarten where I have to take a BUS places) - is that I LOVE being able to bike around.





In Nantucket, my favorite place to bike to was Sconset Market. SUCH a rewarding mission. They have ice cream... and muffins.... and if you want to press on just a little further you can go visit our favorite lighthouse (Sankaty!).


SANKATY HEAD, Siasconset

Nantucket Bike Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails