Monday, March 19, 2012

American Beauty: Claiborne Swanson Frank


Ever since I saw this photo of Claiborne Swanson Frank in Vogue, it was in my mind as the epitome as effortless, California-girl cool. The fact that she is a photographer who finds most of her inspiration in women should come as no surprise. I particularly love how CSF captures her subjects in such natural, languid poses that really allow their personalities to shine through.

"My goal is to find something that takes your breath away... I dream to shoot my vision of spirit and soul. I set out to take portraits that capture women in their greatest beauty and truth, whatever that may be." -- Claiborne Swanson Frank



American Beauty, CSF's new book - is filled with "American women who redefine what it means to be a woman in America today." Here are some of her gorgeous subjects:











Another fun-fact is that Claiborne Swanson Frank is a self-taught photographer, who took up the art shortly after she met her husband. Proof that its never too late to pick a new career!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails