I love games, challenges, and pretty much anything out of the ordinary that involves competition and a sense of fun and adventure.
Having learned from the best as a CKB intern, (Camilla wrote the book on scavenger hunts.... ever heard of Bandit Ball??? You should ask her for the pics) - I adopted a love for scavenger hunts as well. My hunts are more daring than the ones you might be acquainted with....
For my best friend Samantha's birthday a few years ago, we tried to get the campus involved/ clad in neon. After dividing into 3 teams, we tackled a list that involved the following feats out and about on St. Lawrence's campus:
1. naked kayak in the Grass River
2. do a performance in the SLU student center
3. make out aggressively in inappropriate places
4. try to get a stranger to dance with you (grinding extra points)
5. get a boy to shave his legs
6. ask a stranger for their underwear (off their body)
7. eat a "fat-bag" ... (you have to ask a SLU grad about this one)
8. sing a song in the local Chinese restaurant then jump in their fountain
9. streak through the freshman dorms
10. shotgun a beer in the ODY/library
That was just a sampling... Needless to say, it was definitely a memorable birthday for my friend Samantha! And everyone on campus eventually found it was her birthday as well, thanks to our neon workout wear announcements... did I mention - scavenger hunts are best when they are themed???
I am plotting a scavenger hunt this summer on Nantucket, and yes it will be themed, and certainly photo-documented!